Welcome to Making Cloud Work!
Understanding Cloud Computing can be challenging. Especially if you don’t have the right resources or literature to tap into.
Sure, Google gives you a few great options. But getting everything you need to know (and more) in one place is really convenient. Especially when the content is based on what we do best.
So we’ve put this guide together for you.
It is designed to help you understand:
- What Cloud Computing is.
- How Cloud Computing can make a difference in your business.
- Who the top Cloud providers are
- Various ways to optimise your Cloud investment.
The world of Cloud and Hyperscale Computing is complex and ever-changing. But by simply understanding the basics, you’re both empowering yourself and opening your world to a realm of new possibilities.
Take this FREE knowledge and make better, more informed decisions on your digital transformation journey.
Is the Cloud Credible?
To begin unpacking the cloud, it’s worth taking a look at a few compelling facts and figures.
We need to answer a very simple, but important question:
Does it work? (And if so, how well?)
These facts might clear things up a bit:
- Gartner predicts the public Cloud market to reach over $623.3 billion by the year 2023. This means that more enterprises and SMBs are investing in Cloud technology and understand the positive effect it will have across industries.
- Forbes cites advantages such as significant cost reductions, improved scalability and faster innovation as a few of the basic benefits of Cloud technology. That’s right, only a few of the basic benefits.
- Accenture indicates that businesses that take a strategic approach to new technology achieve more than twice the revenue growth of those that don’t. A strategic approach entails using Cloud in a way that tailors it to your company’s specific needs.
Still not completely convinced?
- The Cloud is also environmentally friendly. That’s right. Cloud technology will significantly reduce carbon emissions, save massive amounts of electricity and heavily cut back on resource usage (hardware, facilities, housing).
- The Cloud will save money in more than one way. Besides cutting down on hardware, labour and maintenance costs, overall productivity is also improved and you save huge amounts on capital expenses with affordable pricing models.
- Security on the Cloud is also extremely safe and constantly improving. Cloud providers employ the best security professionals to ensure that your data is encrypted and kept safe from cyber attacks. Gartner even predicts that by 2025, 99% of Cloud security failures will be the user’s fault.
A Few Basic Terms in Cloud Computing
To have a basic understanding of the Cloud it’s important that we establish definitions for a few key terms.
The Cloud is essentially a collection of IT services (servers, software, databases) that exist on the internet. While these servers exist in data centers across the world, they can be accessed and managed by users at any given time and in any given place.
Cloud migration is a company’s decision to move their data, software and IT infrastructure to an online ecosystem (the Cloud) that offers unlimited storage, flexibility, security and secure backup. Simply put, it entails moving away from outdated and impractical technology towards modern and more efficient technology.
Legacy describes outdated and inefficient technologies, systems or infrastructures that produce inferior results when compared to modern ones.
Cloud providers are third party companies that provide cloud computing services.They offer customers a cloud-based platform that replicates and improves standard IT infrastructure, practices and even software.
CloudOps is enacted once you’ve migrated to the cloud. Your next step is to manage, maintain and optimise your new environment for optimal results. CloudOps is essentially the process behind making your new investment perform at its absolute best.
As you can probably see, the Cloud is quite a complex technology. It requires some inspection and exploration for you to truly understand it’s value in the modern world.
So with this guide, you’ll have the opportunity to inspect and explore the Cloud. You’ll have access to all of the necessary resources to prepare you for a successful Digital Transformation.
Explore the articles linked below:
Begin Your Digital Journey w/ Cloud Migration
What is Cloud Migration, and Why is it Important?
Learn what cloud migration is, why it matters, and how it’s coming to impact our world.
Your Legacy Systems are Obsolete: Legacy vs. Cloud
Legacy infrastructure, systems and thinking create conditions of failure.
Understanding why legacy hardware and thinking is doing more harm than good and why Cloud is a good contender.
Shopping for Cloud Providers – AWS & GCP
Cloud providers are plenty, these are two of the biggest out there.
Taking a look at two of the most popular providers and what makes them unique.
The Advantages of Using GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
Some of the good that Google has to offer their Cloud users.
GCP differentiates itself from the competition in many ways. This explores some of the top features that GCP has.
The Advantages of Using AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Some of the good that Amazon has to offer their Cloud users.
AWS currently holds the largest Cloud market share. They’re clearly doing something right. This looks a bit further into that.
IT Cloud Strategy: Multi-Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Strategies
Why pick one when you can have them all?
Depending on the specific needs of your company, choosing the right Cloud provider can be a bit tricky. Sometimes opting for two or more options can give you more than what you bargained for.
Do I Need to Know All of This to Become A Cloud Native?
It’s better to have at least a basic understanding of the technology that you will potentially be investing in. We’ve tried to make it as simple to understand as possible, so you shouldn’t find any difficulty in understanding and navigating through the content.
If it seems like too much to wrap your head around, we have experts to explain the necessary steps to take to get started on your Cloud journey.
Follow This Link and get started today!